29 October 2008















28th October ... weather prediction ... light snowfall! Big day! I made sure I was dressed well. Wanted to look good when someone takes pictures of me and the snow. "My original idea of hitting 'M' with snowballs probably won't be fulfilled today" i thought ... its light snowfall ... but nothing can prevent me from dancing around Atwood Street.


Time: Afternoon. Venue: Lab. I was packing my stuff ready to take a break. Looked out the window. Tiny white particles were floating in the air ... with no sense of direction whatsoever. What the heck? Snowing? I flew on top of my lab technician and pounded him with the question - "Is it snow? Is it snow?" He first said "No!" and then looked out ... and again said "Oh yeah ... its snow alright!" That was the cue ... i dashed out ... the entire building shook in the commotion i was creating ... the elevator was too slow an equipment for me today ... i decided to fly down 6 floors ... 'J' kept calling me - "Arre yaar ... there is still a lot of snow you can see in the future ... come and have coffee" ... that moment, even chocolates wouldn't have stopped me (Ferrero Rocher maybe would have delayed a few moments of time though) ... i was moving with such violent speed that i kept knocking people ... they were gasping "Excuse me" ... "I'm sorry" ... to hell with all your formalities today ... i just did not have the time to give smiles to people and ask them how their day was ... and whether they were planning to get a divorce again that day ... i was just flying outside ... ground floor ... the doors to heaven were right in front of me ... the moment i open it ... i'd see snowmen ... Santa maybe and his horses ... or deers ... or bisons ... or whatever he drives ... and then i'd see kids thrashing snowballs at each other's faces ... and probably a university shut down ... maybe they'll cancel the statistics exam and say "Go have fun!" ... maybe i'll go skiing ... or ice hockey ... winter shopping ... the doors of Parran Hall finally opened ... and showered on me ... bright bright sunlight!


Sunlight? What the? Where the heck are those tiny white particles? I felt dazed! I found no one standing and looking up at the skies except myself ... everyone looked busy ... American girls still kept jogging with their i-Pods on ... Indians kept walking with big books in hand ... everything normal except me ... i felt like going up to people and asking them - "Did you see that?" I sadly walked to Hillman ... getting myself drenched in the rain which suddenly decided to hit me ... I had made a couple of phone calls as I flew down 6 floors ... asking my friends to get out of the laboratories and the lavatories and watch nature's spectacle ... they'll be fuming at me now ... they'll thrash me ... not with snowballs ... but with kitchen vessels now :-( But I swore ... i saw it ... it lasted for a few seconds ... but i saw it!


29th October ... it snowed. Yup! No ... i'm sure it was not cigarette smoke ... i'm sure it was not exhumes from a coal factory ... tiny white cute feathery substances that came close to you ... tickled you ... hit your face ... condensed to a water droplet ... and sent a chill down your whole body ... i danced around my backyard ... would not dare to do that on Centre Avenue ... i would not want Port Authority buses running over me ... i saw snow ... real snow ... but i ain't telling it to anyone ... they'll think i'm probably on drugs or something ... but personally ... am happy ... my first snow experience ... awesome!

2 comments:

mouna said...

thank god u saw snow and thanks for the pic. illandre, if u'd called me again saying that u'd seen snow, you knew i wouldn't believe you alva?? :D

enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate more visual materials, to make your blog more attractive, but your writing style really compensates it. But there is always place for improvement