01 July 2009

It has happened again! I always wondered why my blog gets so many hits? Some of my friends call the stuff I write as 'recycled garbage'. Inspite of a million blogs world over which try to make a difference to the society, people prefer my garbage to everything else. How pathetic can society get? How ignorant all of you are. How doomed the planet is!

I like to be pretty blatant (that's pretty blatant and not pretty & blatant FYI) with most of my views... and my recent take on America and her policies hasn't gone all that well with my 'white' friends (I often use stupid in conjunction with the feminine gender... call me a chauvinist pig but I refuse to care)! They think I'm anti-American! Heck! I'm anti-nothing. To prove that, I'm gonna shed off all the negative energy around me and list out the top 10 reasons why I think America's awesome!

Well, for starters, you have the ham burger! Oh shucks! Wait a minute... I don't eat that, do I? The cheese perhaps? Obese American teenagers are a big turn-off... so I'd stay away from cheese for now. Maybe the buildings - ummmm ... I can pretty much draw everything using a scale and a pencil - perhaps they could do with more of Victorian architecture! Awright! Lets get serious!


  1. Lets begin with something I personally care about. The American 'chicks' (is that offensive?) are totally out of this world! Oh good lord! One visit to the gym and that's enough to give me concussions! They are epitomes of perfection. Yeah, there are these can-you-believe-it obese people who can scare the shit out of any of us ... but the rest are ... oh i love summer!
  2. Pittsburgh is so beautiful! Yeah, their trees are separated by fixed distances, the lawns make a right angle at the corners, branches spread out symmetrically, even creeks are geometrically perfect - but bottomline, it is so beautiful! Green is beautiful and Pittsburgh is green all over. Take a nice evening walk at Flagstaff Hill and you'd think life is so worth living!
  3. People are nice. I have heard more apologies and acknowledgments in one year here than in my last 23 years back home! People are simply honest. They fake smiles and attitudes; they do, but they ain't cunning. They are straight forward and don't carry a knife behind their backs all the time. They think lying and plagiarizing are actually crimes! Hilarious!!!
  4. Their time sense is appalling! They come 'at' 8pm if they are called 'at' 8pm. Don't we all think that we need to go to a party late if we are to be considered important guests. Who cares for someone who comes on time?
  5. For someone who sailed pass Bangalore University exams without knowing a shit of how transcription happens (replication is where I stopped studying molecular biology), this country has actually made me think. Textbook theories wouldn't be accepted, research papers were disproved, well-known theories were snubbed at; every damn academician here wants to know what 'I' think about a certain thing. They actually got me to think. Can you even imagine such a thing? And the education system is just awesome!
  6. The civic sense is so good! I have seen kids aged around 3 to 4 years taking tissue papers (discarded by someone else) and throwing them into the bin. Vandalism is not a passion of these people, something we joyously pursue.
  7. They are a stickler for rules. They walk on sidewalks even if the street's empty. They follow lanes; trucks don't prefer to drive in the opposite direction on highways. They stop at 'stop signs' even in the middle of the night or early in the morning. They give way to pedestrians (every visit to the post office in Bangalore was a tryst with death for me)
  8. People are patriotic. It kills me but its true - Indians are probably the only species who bitch about both their home country and the country in which they currently stay! Here, they elect a party to power and provide their full support for it. They applaud when fire fighters or police personnel do a rescue mission.
  9. They are really helpful. Complete strangers have given me their cell phones to make calls to wherever I needed to. Except for air-hostesses in Continental airlines who are demons in disguise, I don't think I ever met a rude American. I have certainly met lots of rude Indians in America. Ironical ain't it? And NRI uncles and aunties should be a banned species!
  10. Their varied climate, though sucks at times, has really made me appreciate so many things I never did before. I have never before craved so much for sunlight or greenery; I had never appreciated the beauty of fall colors (hit the east coast and you'll experience one of the most amazing visual treat ever); I had never seen snow lighter than cotton; I never had hailstones as big as pebbles falling on my head; seasonal changes are those that happen in America. Our seasonal changes ain't really changes at all.
There you go! Now that wasn't hard. I probably would have compiled a post faster if I had to write about America's dying economy, but it did not take me more than 30mins. to write this one. Which country is not screwed up today? At least, I'm happy this nation is giving me, perhaps, the best years of my life ever! Because, 5-8 years from now, I'll be married... and life as you know... hits... rock bottom... then on!

No comments: